STARS’ participants, families, staff and volunteers are grateful for any and all support from the community.
How to donate
Why Support STARS?
Because every year since 1973, STARS has been making a difference in the lives of more than 200 teens and adults with disabilities such as autism, Down syndrome, brain injuries, cerebral palsy, seizure disorders and other cognitive, developmental and intellectual disabilities.
STARS is changing lives through opportunity every day by offering an integrated variety of programs at multiple sites.
What Donations Support
Donations support a variety of STARS programs and services that impact participants’ daily lives.
- $2,500 – Job Coaching and Training - STARS' Job Coaches work with participants on specific job skills, communication strategies and proper work place behavior which help to ensure each person maintains employment and achieves high levels of success.
- $1,000 – Transitions Program - Provides case management, connections to resources and specialized training to teens with special needs transitioning from high school into adult life.
- $500 – Work Center Instruction - Dedicated staff members support participants in a meaningful paid work experience so that each may reach their goals and gain increased independence and personal fulfillment.
- $250 – STEP, Structured TEACCH Empowerment Program for adults on the autism spectrum. This program guides individuals towards greater independence using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), daily visual schedules, center-based activities, vocational training and formal socialization opportunities.
- $100 – Transportation - Regardless of the program, transportation is the single biggest obstacle to providing services to individuals with disabilities.
Currently 81% of STARS revenue goes to Programs and 19% to Administration and Fundraising.
STARS annual operating budget is $2.6 million and includes the following revenue sources:
|Government (DDD & RSA) Contracted Service Fees
|Contributions, Grants, and Special Events
|Work Center Revenue
|Valley of the Sun United Way
To download STARS’ most recent fiscal year report, click here.