Children with disabilities become adults with disabilities. More than half of all adults with a developmental disability graduate high school with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Additionally, 90% of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder are under the age of 21. When you invest in STARS you are creating a lifetime of support systems for disabled adults and their families. Your gift will support a variety of programs and services, including:
- Art Supplies ($50): A gift of $50 will help replenish supplies used as part of STARS’ Drawn Together creative arts program, which uses art as a vehicle for our participants to express themselves.
- Transportation ($100): Transportation provides a vital lifeline for people with disabilities to access employment, education, healthcare, and community life. a gift of $100 will provide reliable, accessible transportation to and from work for a STARS’ participant for one week.
- Drawn Together ($250): A STARS participant will have the opportunity to explore their creative side during this 6-week Saturday art class offered as part of our Respite program.
- Job Coaching ($500): An investment at this level will support 10 hours of job coaching to ensure that those with developmental disabilities have the skills they need to be successful in the workplace.
- Center Based Employment ($750): One participant can engage in a paid part-time work experience for one month, helping them gain skills, increased independence and personal fulfillment.
- Transitions ($1,000): A gift at this level will provide case management, connections to resources and specialized training to a family with a teen with specials needs for one year; thus helping ease the transition from high school to adulthood for the entire family.
- Day Programs ($5,000): Our comprehensive Adult Day Program includes community immersion outings, social and life skills activities and cultural experiences. $5,000 will provide three months of participation in STARS’ Adult Day Programs, with daily round-trip transportation to STARS.
Ways to support STARS
To make an online gift using a credit card
- Please click HERE to make a secure, online gift using PayPal.
- To make a gift by mail, please click HERE for a STARS Donation Form
- You can effectively increase the impact of your personal gift to STARS — doubling or even tripling your support of our many programs. To find out if your employer has a matching gift program and how to qualify please speak with your Human Resources department.
STARS is proud to be a Valley of the Sun United Way Community Partner. Please use #1457 to designate STARS as the recipient of your United Way contributions.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns about investing in the work of STARS, please call Toby Amir Fox at (480) 994.5704 We look forward to helping you make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities.
STARS proudly adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professional’s Donor Bill of Rights. To view all our commitments to our donors, click here.