Your generous contributions have propelled STARS into its 51st year, enabling us to fulfill our mission of enhancing the lives of individuals with cognitive and developmental disabilities. Your unwavering support empowers STARS to create life-changing opportunities for those we serve.
If you’re interested in supporting STARS in 2024, here are some ways in which your donation will help sustain our mission:
- A donation empowers us to provide ongoing support for participants as they navigate the next phase of their employment journey.
- A recurring monthly donation of $50 empowers 50 adults in the DTA program to engage in weekly workshops, fostering social connections and achieving personal and group goals.
- A $150 donation enables us to conduct CommunityWork program tours, showcasing the program’s benefits for both participants and businesses looking to outsource light manufacturing and assembly projects.
- A $421 donation will contribute to covering the increasing maintenance costs for our transportation fleet, ensuring the safe transportation of our participants and community members throughout town.
- A $841 donation enables STARS to sustain support for jobseekers in our Competitive Integrated Employment program, covering essential needs such as:
- Work apparel – although there are many businesses providing employees with branded polo shirts & tees, the balance of an employee’s wardrobe (e.g. pants, undergarments, shoes) must be self-funded.
- Accessories – a purse or backpack are the standard items, particularly for consumers of public-transit. And don’t forget the lunchbox!
- Cell Phones – employers increasingly leverage technology to keep employees informed about work schedules, company news and general communications.
Your continued support will sustain our vision to provide exemplary programs with measurable outcomes that focus on individualized achievement and offer supplemental support for participant families.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. We are a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record.
Your contribution may be tax deductible and/or qualify for the Arizona State Tax Credit. QCO tax credit can be claimed on AZ Dept of Revenue Form 321. Please reference QCO Code 20117. Please consult your tax professional.
Visit the STARS Donation Portal where this intuitive platform empowers you to seamlessly manage all the giving activities below in one secure space.
- Track your lifetime contributions
- Make one-time or recurring donations
- Online donations receive automatic email receipts
- Conveniently update your contact and credit card details